Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2016

First Ever Blog Post

Hello, and welcome to the first post in my first ever blog!

I'm Kate, married, kids, grandkids, two dogs and work part time.  

I have been quilting for over ten years, I'm not saying I've lots of experience, or I'm expert, or particularly good at it, just that after ten years I still enjoy it.  

So, why start a blog now, when everyone says blogs are losing popularity and ‘everyone’ is moving over to Instagram?  Well, two years ago I had a birthday, a big one and my lovely husband gave me an iPad as a surprise and I entered a new world.  You see before that I was proficient at using a computer, I used it for work and personal stuff like documents, photoshop, searching for information, that sort of thing.  A tablet is so different, it's personal, and it has apps, but what were apps?  Then a light bulb went on and I went looking for them and found Bloglovin.  THEN I entered the world of the online quilters - a revelation. 

You see although I love quilting it had become a bit stale and, dare I say it, I was a little bored.  BUT, these lovely ladies who wrote the blogs sounded so friendly and shared advice, tutorials, and patterns, and what patterns, I had entered the world of the modern quilters and I loved it.  

Well ever since I have been a watcher, I have laughed with you all, cried with you, learnt from you and had so much fun with you but very rarely have I left a comment.  Suddenly, I felt I was missing out, I was part of it, but not part of it.  So here I am, feeling naked and exposed but ready to join the party.

Smiles

Kate

11 comments:

  1. Hello Kathleen - what a lovely first blog post! I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for you and you're going to have such good fun with this. Enjoy!

    Abi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath,

    I too enjoy reading blogs for tips, tutorials and creative ideas. I look forward to your future posts. You have a lot of talent to share with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ja ro. Lovely comments inspire me to write more.

      Smiles
      Kate

      Delete
  3. Kate, so excited you have joined our ranks! I can't wait to see what you have to share with us!

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting! I can't believe you waited so long. We are so glad to have you join us, Kate! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate! What a lovely first post and I'm so happy you started your blog! As Abi said, now the fun starts! IG is great but I don't think we should compare it with blogging. They are very different and both important. Still nothing beats blog posts! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my blog and all my blog followers/readers, I too use IG and Facebook and all the usual social media and so many have moved solely over to IG but I prefer contact with people via my blog. I think IG will lose it's shine eventually as Facebook has and I think people will come back to blogs again in time, admittedly it may take some time but I think it'll happen eventually. Congrats on starting your blogging journey, I'm going to be following you on Bloglovin as that's my favourite blog reader. Delighted too that you're in Scotland, feels very close to home for me, I'm from England and my daughter lives in St Andrews - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! I have learned so much through bloggers sharing information, whether it be a tutorial or just looking at all the photographs! I know exactly how you feel when you said naked and exposed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet post. I'm glad you joined the ranks. I think Instagram has it's place but I love writing my blog and reading others. It is a fantastic community. Just signed on to follow you via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. I joined your blog about a week ago. I love reading what other bloggers have to say and share and I've learnt so much from them. I don't have my own blog but I read all my emails every day. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and maybe it might be something to inspire me to make.
    I also live in the north east, Hull, but I'm guessing you are further north.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate