Pages

Friday 5 February 2016

What Kate(y) Did Next

Resolutions, Challenges, and Going Forward

I made the decision to start this blog on New Years Eve, a sort of resolution, and although I didn't make my first post for a couple of weeks I did the first steps in setting it up and wrote the first couple of posts.  Good Start.

In the meantime Jen from Quilter in the Closet issued a 100 day challenge  
                

Choose three things to complete in 100 days to join her in the challenge, ok I can do that, first the blog then finish quilting my Sugar and Spice quilt, and lastly finish piecing and quilt my sticks and stones quilt.  

Today it’s check in at Day 30.  I am so behind.  Yes the blog is up and running but I had written the first two posts, and I have made no progress on the quilts. Sometimes life happens and we just have to do the best we can, but, as my beloved husband keeps telling me, life is transient, and now as things improve I can get back on track.

It’s not too late to join in but you will only have 70 days, check it out and join in the fun.

Other resolutions?  Well I decided instead of making hard and fast ones I would just move in a direction, a bit wooly I know, but this way I don’t feel bad if I don’t reach my goal.  For example, instead of saying ‘I want to loose x many pounds by Easter’ I just think ‘I will weigh lighter at Easter than I do now’.  

My other resolution and maybe the most important is ‘Just Do It’ .  It is so easy to procrastinate, I do it all the time, but as I recently found out, you really don’t know what will happen next.  We were lucky this time, I can’t afford to forget this lesson, I don’t want to live with regrets.  So from now on, I will Just Do It.

Do any of you follow Lorna on Sew Fresh Quilts?  She has just started a quilt along,for her Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt.  It will be so much fun and the blocks can be customised with your favourite blocks.  Here is the link for the first block, it only started on February 1st ‘though if you go into tutorials or previous posts you will find all the posts and pics.




So, the only sewing I have done recently is cut a City Lights quilt kit I purchased from Oakshot a few years ago


and make two Circle of Squares blocks for a group quilt. 


Although for some reason the ‘finished’ pic won’t load.  Did I tell you I’m not “techy’?

It’s my sewing group tomorrow so I will post again soon to tell you what I’m up to now.

Until then
Smiles from


Kate

3 comments:

  1. One goal achieved at the first check-in, that is a great start to the challenge Kate, well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate and how lovely to find a new blogger. I am a procrastinator as well so blogging is my way of committing to 'doing' instead of 'thinking of doing'.....at least if I can just tear myself away from reading all the blogs I follow! Good Luck Kate and hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I'm with Fiona and Cath - one goal down is fabulous for the first 30 days! And I think we can all procrastinate a bit. Don't beat yourself up too much, but yes, "Just do it!" too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate