Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2016

I'm expecting.....

a new arrival.   Oh I'm so happy I could burst, I just had to share it.

We thought about it, Gary and I talked about it, hehe, now he's completely shocked by it, we got the EDD yesterday and it's sooner than I thought, so little time to prepare.  I can't say any more just now, I'm too emotional.

I can tell you about the disastrous day I had when I went to the Harrogate show though, well, not all disastrous, and more eventful really.  First of all I woke up to a very heavy frost, Gary was running late so I went out to clear the car while he fiddled about, how do men take more time to get ready than women?  So we jumped into the car and set off, thats when the first disaster struck me, i was wearing the wrong coat.  No, don't laugh, it was very cold and I was wearing my warmest coat, but it was my winter dog walking coat, the one I keep having to sponge muddy paw prints off, and certainly not the smartest when going for my Christmas day out with my friend Jan (who is always beautifully dressed).

Next thing was my husband reminded me to ring him on the way home so he could pick me up, second strike you've guessed it, my phone was still in the kitchen on charge, I couldn't believe it, I had been so organised the night before.  Good job Jan had hers, turned on and fully charged.

The last disaster came when I got home, well it happened when I was out really but I didn't find out about it until I got home, the heating broke down AGAIN!!!  It seemed to be the timer on the kitchen wall this time, it had to choose the coldest day of the winter so far.  They said they couldn't come out until Monday, it would have been Tuesday but we complained.  THEN, when the very nice lady gas engineer came and it wasn't the timer, it was a faulty gas valve and she didn't have one, so they came out Tuesday and at last we have heat.

Opps, no pics, sorry,


Here is some of the stuff I got.  Moda Grunge, like the colours?  A meter each of the three colours and two of the neutral, no I don't know what I will do with it yet, but I have only seen the odd one in my local shops and it's so hard to judge colour on the net.

What else, a fine awl for my embroidery, a Tulip one, nice quality, some packs of needles, I usually get the packets which are a bit cheaper but I figured the nice packaging will be reusable and I can just top them up when I get more.  A lovely little wooden bead tray,  (oops, forgot to put it in the pic), I use beads in my embroidery sometimes and they go all over, I know I could just use a jar lid but sometimes it's nice to treat yourself, it helps keep someone in a job, and it's good for the economy, yes I'm very good at convincing myself.  I got some tear away stabiliser which I wanted to try too.  Do you see the little heart at the bottom?  It's a fine magnetic needle threader, pretty isn't it?  I'll let you know how it works.  What do you think of this?


A kit for making a Turkish Doorstop, better than the one my husband came in with,  it was a rectangle of canvas with ducks on, and very ugly.  He was so proud of his bargain buy as it was half price, personally I wouldn't have bought it at any price, but I put it behind the lounge door to stop it from marking the wall and positioned it so it can't be seen so I can live with it.

Want to see my recent sewing?


My mystery quilt blocks, flying geese and square in a square.  I just trimmed them with my new BlocLoc flying geese ruler.  I must say they were trimmed in record time, it was so easy.  The only thing is I can only trim flying geese up to 4 x 2 inches, finished any other size I will need another one.  I could just trim the tops though that would be a big help.   It can trim any size square in a square up to 4 inches finished, as I don't usually make block components bigger than that it should be fine.


One Advent calendar top done, still needs to be layered and quilted.  I have started the second one (and a third one) but I haven't got very far.


One surprise mini quilt top finished ready to layer and quilt.  Yes it is under there, promise, no you can't have a peak, it wouldn't be a surprise otherwise now would it?

My other news is my last post just became my most popular ever post! Amazing, if you missed it you can find it HERE.  The reason is that one of my lovely readers, Lesley, recommended it to a UK blogger who mentioned me and gave a link to my post.  The thing is I do read her blog myself, she advocates frugal living and can be very funny at times.  Pop over and have a look, it would be nice to reciprocate, the blog is Life After Money by Meanqueen.

That's all my news for now, I will tell you more about my special news, but not today, it's too new and I haven't quite taken it in yet.

Until next time
smiles from,
Kate x

Linking up with Connie @ Linky Tuesday
Lorna @ Let's Bee Social
Kelly @ Needle and Thread Thursday
Sarah @ Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
Amanda Jean @ Finish it Friday
Myra @ Finished or not Friday




25 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I really like the colours for your mystery quilt. That should be nice. Glad to hear that your eventful day ended well, except for the heat. Better to fix now than in mid-winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I tell you about the time I made M drive me from Preston to Harrogate and after he dropped me off to go running in the dales with strict instructions to allow me the whole day to wander the show, I realized I was there a week early? And that this was the very weekend in which Three had a weekend-long failure in and around Harrogate so I had no way of contacting him as I had no mobile network whatsoever? So I was stuck in Harrogate for a whole day with NO mobile reception of any kind? I don't know how much time you've spent in Harrogate, but if there's no quilt show on, there's not a hell of a lot else on, either. GOOD TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd've sat it Betty's for the whole ENTIRE day!!! Turning up on the wrong day is something I seem to do pretty frequently, I feel your pain haha!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!! Now you have the very best excuse for sewing up a baby quilt :) I love those grunge colors, too. They almost look like shot or peppered cottons in your photo, the way they show multiple colors. I'm glad your heat is finally on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear more details on your new arrival - I'm not sure if you're trying to lead us up the garden path here! Love the Turkish door stop and the Grunge fabric. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the good news-HE works in mysterious ways! Bless you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've had days like that! One good thing about them is they pass! no heat is no fun! Glad you finally got it taken care of. Great haul! Personally, I'm putting a lock and chain on my wallet, and 'making do' with what I have. (Oh, yeah, right!). Now, this surprise...is it bigger than a breadbox? XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, such wonderful news!! Your mystery blocks look wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Kate. Wonderful holidays news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure what I'm congratulating you for here...but I expect I'll know in time. You look like you are keeping up with lots of projects...love the mystery fabrics. i have one of those rulers as well...it's a bit bigger than yours....now off to read the blog post that I think I missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I didn't miss it....I just thought it must be about saving money or something : )

      Delete
  11. Like Lisa I headed off to read the blog post too , read quite a few of her posts , fun reading . Is edd estimated delivery date ? If so , lovely news for you both x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Kate, what a lovely Christmas pressie! My 'little' baby is 18 now, but I remember the day I found out he was on the way like it was yesterday - it does take a while to sink in that your whole life is about to change forever. And there's no going back, haha!!! I can't believe how busy you've been, and I'm pretty envious you've been to the show. I love the Grunge, it's fantastic for adding a bit of texture to any project, look forward to seeing where you sneak it in. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a lot going on. I love those Grunge colors. Very pretty! And congratulations on your news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, Kate! Always fun to see the Dad shaking his head in disbelief!! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate those kind of days, especially those that get worse as they go along. Your Meadow Mist mystery blocks look great. I still need to finish mine so I can go on to this month's step.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that Moda Grunge. I may have to buy some. Good luck with your sewing. Looking forward to hearing your good news.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to you! Your projects are lovely - but the one we can't see is precious! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Kate - that is happy news indeed and congratulations!
    Sounds like a pretty good day despite the series of misadventrues. Well... except for the heat not working.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a tease, Kate! And you're very, very good at it! You crack me up. Glad you made it through all of your misadventures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! So Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post Kate. You are so funny.

    Also love the grunge fabric - gorgeous colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Kate and so glad the heat is back on. One of the things I love most about you is your ability to just roll with whatever twists and turns life throws at you. And you do it with such grace and humor! You truly are a beautiful human being.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate