Pages

Friday 10 March 2017

Quilters Laundry Day Mini Quilt Along

Oh Yes!!! This is the day we have all been waiting for, the first day of Jen and Jan's Mini Blog Hop.

Jen from A Dream and a Stitch and Janice from Color, Creating and Quilting have been working hard organising the second of Jen and Jan's Blog Hops with a pattern created specially by Jen and available free in her Craftsy shop here.

Jen and half of the participating quilter bloggers are posting today, Janice and the other quilt bloggers are posting tomorrow.

AND there are prizes.  To be eligible for the prize draw just leave a comment on Jen and Jan's posts.

So now without further ado I give you...........


Quilters Laundry Day, Kate style.     Like it?  Let's get another view.


Here you can see the quilting, in the, would you believe, bright sunshine in Northeast England (of course it could also be described as over exposed).   But you still can't see all the detail, so let's look closer..........


That's better, straight line quilting on the house and curtains at the windows, can you see the sewing machine on Mrs Quilters windowsill?  You can just about see the wavy tiles on the roof.


Round pebbles on the stony path.


Mrs Quilter has hung her quilt on the washing line, she loves her modern solids and sets her quilt off with a motif stitched with variegated thread.


Her grass is littered with daisies, and look, can you see the tortoise hiding below the quilt?  There is an echo of her children toys in the grass too, can you see the bicycle, the pig, the car pulling a caravan, and the umbrella?  Mrs quilter doesn't like strimmers and the grass grows long at the bottom of the washing posts.


There are aeroplanes flying in the sky above the house,


and the children's kite has escaped it's string and is flying free with it's tail streaming through the sky.


The back of the quilt is a fabric left over from a quilt for my granddaughter made about three years ago, I don't know what it is except it was about 108 inches wide.  Can you see the pebbles better now?


Quilters Laundry day was framed with a dark blue Moda solid.

I do hope you like my version of Jen's pattern, remember the link to the free pattern is at the top of the page if you would like to make your own version.

Here are the links to all of the other participating blogs, remember to leave a comment on Jen's blog today and Janice's blog tomorrow to win a prize, winners to be drawn on Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of the Hop!

March 10 Reveal Day

Jen Rosin  A Dream and a Stitch
Kate Heads at Smiles From Kate
Jennifer Fulton at Inquiring Quilter
Karen Thurn at Tu-Na Quilts, Travels and Eats

Melva Nolan at Melva Loves Scraps
Vicki at Vicki's Crafts & Quilting
Julie Stocker at Pink Doxies
Anja Clyke at Anja Quilts
Diann at Little Penguin Quilts
Jayne at Twiggy & Opal
Susan Arnold at Quilt Fabrication
Leanne Milsom at Lizzie the Quilter
Sandra Walker at Mmm! Quilts!

March 11 Reveal Day

Janice Holton at Color Creating & Quilting
Jennifer Strauser at Dizzy Quilter
Amy Gerlich at Amy Scrap Spot
Sharon Denney Parcel at Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Susan Gordon at Sevenoaks Street Quilts
Anne Boundy at Said With Love
Barbara Wootie at The Flashing Scissors
Jan Welander at Making Scraps

With smiles from,
Kate x

48 comments:

  1. I should be in bed but I couldn't wait to take a peek! Your Quilters Laundry Day mini is AWESOME!! So many little details to see! It's a winner, Kate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, blues skies and a kite flying high. This is a great interpretation of laundry day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One block and so many things to look at and admire!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun making/incorporating each detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for pointing out all the lovely little details. The blue sky is just beautiful! Everything about this is on point. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details. Congrats on a very cute mini!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is fabulous Kate! I can see why you were über-excited about sharing it! I LOVE the hidden objects one finds when looking closer. I especially love the daisies in the grass, the tufts of grass by the posts, and that kite! Funny I had had that same idea, to add a 3D kite to mine, but time was of the essence... Super job! Great quilting motifs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, I love the kite-brilliant! So glad you mentioned all the other details as I would have missed some as there is so much fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! The details you put into this! The clothes line...the kite...the grass...the quilt center...a turtle and capping it off with daisies!!! If I didn't know better I'd say you were an over achiever?!! This was well worth the wait! I love it and you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with your Quilter's Laundry Day, Kate! So many fun details! Your quilting is wonderful, and I especially love the kite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is wonderful. I love your addition of the kite. give it life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue skies and the adorable kite! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate, I love this! You have added so much whimsy and fun to this small little mini! Heck, I want to move there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very cute, ❤️❤️❤️. Love the addition of the kite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so much fun! I love all the little stitching details! That turtle! So cute! Thanks for all of your help with this too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see from all the extra detail that you had too much fun creating this little quilt! Well done, Kate! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, do I like your details! Yes to all of them, but especially the kite tail and the grass that always grows around the post bases. (Isn't that true everywhere?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE all the wonderful quilting and detail you added!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. So much attention to detail. Great job!.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Kate this is so wonderful! Full of so many cute details. You really made good use of your embroidery and quilting skills. Looks like you had so much fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great version! Love all the little details, especially the curtains and the kite!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! I love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kate, this is a very special piece. The details you put in it are so perfect. The swing machine, the turtle, the stitching to define the curtains and the pebbled walkway. All of it is so lovely. You will treasure this one. It is just adorable. I am going to take a peek at a few of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am having so much fun seeing everybody's Laundry Day quilts. LOVE the kite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love it. I wish I had known about this. But I would never have produced anything as awesome as yours. I love it. I would love for you to come over and link at The Fabulous Spring/East party. It's over here:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/03/fabulous-springeaster-link-party-2.html
    Come and join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a great job on this little mini Kate: I love all the little quilting details and the kite and of course the modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is like an I Spy quilt. What fun! I really like the quilt and all the little details (oh, that kite tail!). And the front door fabric reminds me of the 60's and 70's when we all had some kind of beaded curtain somewhere. I also love that Mrs. Quilter doesn't like strimmers--that's a neat word! We call them weed whackers or string trimmers. I don't like strimmers either. It just seems more relaxed and friendly to have those little blades of grass poking up around posts and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the kite! I too thought there was a lot of space that needed something extra :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun block. You've included such a lot of detail. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable, Kate! I love the kite and the sewing machine in the window! Mrs. Quilter is a lucky lady to have such a lovely place to reside!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your mini quilts are gorgeous, that kite is adorable. I love your quilting to.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh that is just so sweet! I love the kite and the tortoise in hiding, there's just so much detail in the whole thing it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kate, the detail stitching in this is AMAZING! And so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your mini! All of the little extras that you stitched are great, I especially love the tortoise!
    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the little details! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A pretty little quilt, I love all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I finally got a chance to do some visiting around the village. I love all the details you added from the embroidered grass around the posts (we have that problem too in our North Dakota house) to the quilting extras. I am so glad you pointed them out or I would not have found them. Your quilt is really a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  37. How fun! You did an amazing job! Love all the extra items you included with your quilting. Lots of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic quilting Kate! I love all the details, and love, love, love the story! I especially loved seeing the sewing machine! Just brilliant!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your details!! great block!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your mini quilt! And that kite!!! Kate, you have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love, love your mini quilt! You are amazing Kate:) The details are fantastic! Great block :)

    mnordstok@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh Kate this is a gorgeous Laundry Day quilt!! Love your additions - the string to the kite is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  43. All your little bits of detail are amazing. Love the tortoise and kite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment, it helps me grow as a quilter and as a blogger. It also makes me very happy :)
I try to respond to all comments by email, but if I don't reply within a few days it may be because you are a no reply blogger

With smiles from,
Kate