This has been the weirdest week, I think I have been in a post finish slump. It's the only way I can explain it, does anyone know what I mean or am I just having a loopy here?
I have done some sewing, but I can't show you until next week :-( Why? Because it is for my Stash Bee post! Oh yes, my turn to be queen, only I've been having a bit of trouble, again. Not only can I still not access the pics on my camera (new card reader ordered but Amazon are taking their time) but now my iPad is playing up and I can't get my pics off, in fact I can't do much at all. I did manage to get a couple but now every time I try it shuts down, I just don't believe it! I did have one or two on my phone but they are not as good, but you will just have to do with what I've got. Ok, here goes......
As promised, the not a mystery quilt any more, finished at last. Because I have problems taking a pic of the quilt I though I would lay it out on the grass in the garden and take it from the bedroom window, which I did using my big zoom on my camera, only I can't show you that one. Want to look closer?
Best I can do I'm afraid, but it shows you how I quilted it anyway. Diagonal lines, simple but so effective. I don't have it anymore, it now belongs to my sister to whom I gave it for her special birthday. But I did label it,
You can see the backing I used too. In reality it's more of a pale cream, it should have been white but it was what I had and as it has so many seams I preferred it to have a one piece backing. Although it looks like it is crawling with beetles on the back they are sort of little stalks, I know my sister used to like beetles when we were kids but I don't think she would appreciate it now :-)
I have had a little time sorting my sewing room too. You are not going to believe this but.....
I finally sorted my design wall!!! I had to make some changes to my original plans, you see I didn't take into consideration that there is a door which opens on to the wall and the insulation boards would have ended up with big dints in from the door handle so I had to have a rethink. I bought one and a half meters of Kaffe Fassett gridded flannel, seamed the selvedges and made a small hem at the bottom. Next I turned over the top leaving a channel for a narrow pole, the kind you use for voile curtains.
I attache it to the wall using Command clear plastic hooks, easy. So, what do you think? It is only about 44 inches wide and 56 inches long, but I haven't a lot of wall space in my room and it is so much better than before, when I had nothing.
Now look at it, resplendent with trees and gnome blocks. I am still waiting for the last two which are on their way, and I will need to make another four, but it's exciting so far isn't it?
Did you notice my wall hanging from Serena next to the design wall? I got some Command strips too, and.......
now I have my mini's on the wall. Quilters Laundry Day, my Snail Block from Sue, and Chicken Poop from Janice! (hysterical giggles, I really can't help it). I got my thread stand up on the wall too, I only bought it eighteen months ago so it didn't take long. My threads are a mix of Aurifil and Maderia with a couple of Gutermanns's which I am just using for practice as I find it a bit thick and my machine isn't as keen either, Baby can be temperamental at times. Maderia isn't bad though, it's nice and thin, although I prefer Aurifil I have to use up what I have first and gradually replace it.
The only other thing I have been doing is some design work for the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop in July, but I can't show you that either. Never mind, only two months for the reveal, I know you will be waiting with bated breath........
So that's all I can show you for this week, but next week I can reveal my block for Stash Bee. The pics will be rubbish of course but you have been warned.
With smiles from
Linking up with:
Kelly @ Needle and Thread Thursday
Sarah @ Can I Get a Whoop Whoop
Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts also hosting for TGIFI